Retirement....A Lot Of Work!

That's right!  RETIREMENT .... It's really a lot of work .... and stressful!   Whoever said, more time is what everyone needs?  When that long awaited fabulous day arrives, we're just not ready! .... I recently retired from a successful career in teaching, ..... a little before I had planned, .... but never the less was adjusting nicely to the idea! .... A few months in, and I'm finding this a bigger challenge than facing a classroom full of middle schoolers and their .... "It's All About Me" attitudes! .... So I decided to write about some off my 'Post Retirement' adventures .... Maybe through my experiences you'll be more aware of the pros and cons of this lifestyle .... and a little more prepared than I was! 

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Sun, The Sea, The Surf!

I'm staying ....  at least for a couple more days! Oh yeah .... this place is great. I noticed an add yesterday for a part time job at a company here in La Jolla .... "Fishmore and Doolittle"! .... Maybe I'll apply? .... seriously though, I spent yesterday at the pier in Oceanside, CA. .... this is one of my favorite spots to pier fish in Southern California.  First off, it's the longest pier in California .... the fishing is great .... the people are interesting .... there's a Diner, ( Ruby's Diner), at the end of the pier .... and plenty of parking fairly close .... plenty of exercise from walking the long pier .... and oh yeah did I mention .... absolutely great views of the coastline both north and south .... check out the link and you'll see what I'm talking about, .... it's just a great place to spend the day and forget about everything .... even putting more money in the meter! .... by the way, the Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort Suites, is a great place to stay ..... walking distance to everything and reasonable rates .... Okay, now the cool stuff .... especially for a few of you who have ask and want to know about .... THE FISHING! .... As always, when I'm here it's impossible to leave .... I forget about everything .... eating .... phone calls .... parking meters ....  almost! .... See it's like this, I get so caught up from all the excitement of people catching things, I don't want to stop .... I'm afraid I'll miss out on that one great catch .... The pier is home to some doggedly dedicated anglers .... and they are the culture of the pier. Eager to give advice on everything from the bait needed that day, to the kind of equipment you need .... even about what you are wearing!  And let me tell you .... they catch fish, a lot of fish! .... Usually, so do I .... just never the really big ones .... at least not yet. I'm still learning from my mentors all the tricks .... but I'm getting better and really think I should spend more time here .... The great thing about pier fishing in California is that you don't need a license .... it's great because the money you save can be spent on more important things .... like more tackle! Anyway .... the day was great .... Good Sun .... Good Sea .... Good Surf! ....  Maybe next time you can join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment