Retirement....A Lot Of Work!

That's right!  RETIREMENT .... It's really a lot of work .... and stressful!   Whoever said, more time is what everyone needs?  When that long awaited fabulous day arrives, we're just not ready! .... I recently retired from a successful career in teaching, ..... a little before I had planned, .... but never the less was adjusting nicely to the idea! .... A few months in, and I'm finding this a bigger challenge than facing a classroom full of middle schoolers and their .... "It's All About Me" attitudes! .... So I decided to write about some off my 'Post Retirement' adventures .... Maybe through my experiences you'll be more aware of the pros and cons of this lifestyle .... and a little more prepared than I was! 

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now This Is More Like It!

Wow .... why didn't I think of this before .... I guess my thought process is still not in the right mode. I'm sitting in heat and humidity that becomes oppressive at times and certainly limits all my outdoor activities .... when all I had to do was get in my car .... drive less than 120 miles .... and here I am .... in a place where the ocean breezes are a cool and refreshing 72 degrees! See, this is what I've been talking about .... it's hard to remember that .... I'M RETIRED!! It means relax and enjoy, you've earned it.  A friend recently sent me some retirement bumper stickers that she found on this website .... check out a couple, because I think they go along way towards explaining this 'Brave New World ' or is it 'Old World' .... whatever .... here they are .... Bumper Stickers.  See what I mean, it makes you think. Anyway, getting back to my fabulous get away, the weather is great .... the Pacific is blue and the fishing .... the fishing is still to come! I'm still finding all the cool places to frequent. Today's gastronomical expedition is taking me to the Pizza Port in Solona Beach .... sounds like my ship may come in there .... my two favorite diet busting entrees .... pizza and beer! But listen .... I worked out this morning .... ran on the beach .... remembered what my trainer taught me, (I had to promise to keep working while I'm away) .... and generally recovered from my first night's celebrations .... I deserve to relish in the culinary treats of beach comfort food .... I mean why not .... tomorrow's another day and anyway it's cool here ....  maybe I'll work out this evening .... or maybe not! .... Instead, I'll get back here and write about the great drive I took ....  along the coast with the top down .... the great views .... the smell of the salt air .... the wind in my face .... or maybe about how badly sunburned I got, and how much aloe vera I still need! .... Anyway, I'll keep you posted ....!

1 comment:

  1. So.....for your littel PA cousin....tell me exactly where you are that sounds like a piece of heaven right down to the PIZZA and BEER!!! Glad you are off enjoying some nice cool ocean breeze!! Steve wants to know more about the fishing!! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete