Retirement....A Lot Of Work!

That's right!  RETIREMENT .... It's really a lot of work .... and stressful!   Whoever said, more time is what everyone needs?  When that long awaited fabulous day arrives, we're just not ready! .... I recently retired from a successful career in teaching, ..... a little before I had planned, .... but never the less was adjusting nicely to the idea! .... A few months in, and I'm finding this a bigger challenge than facing a classroom full of middle schoolers and their .... "It's All About Me" attitudes! .... So I decided to write about some off my 'Post Retirement' adventures .... Maybe through my experiences you'll be more aware of the pros and cons of this lifestyle .... and a little more prepared than I was! 

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm Back .... Rested And Ready!

Oh yeah .... I feel much better!  I was having such a good time adjusting to my adventurous new life, that I forgot to take care of myself.  Well I'm better now and for those of you who have contacted me wondering why I haven't posted lately I say .... Thank You .... It's nice to know that you are inspired,  perspired,  or retired .... and interested in living vicariously through my adventures! .... So let me bring you up to speed on what's going on.  This week has been a little difficult for me because this is usually the time of year that I would be preparing my classroom and bracing for the onslaught of a new group of eager to learn .... P. I. T. ' s .... ( People In Training ) ....  I always explained to them that they were in my class because my job was to get them ready for high school and prepared for life after this transition year.  Like most of us .... even though we don't admit it .... at some point in life we pretty much think we know it all .... The difference with an eighth grader is that they insist they know it all .... and try to make you believe IT! ....  Remembering this, I have now decided that it's time to create an acronym for people like me .... here it is .... we will now be known as .... R. I. T. 's .... Yep, you got it .....  RETIREES IN TRAINING .... just like those young people have to learn about social interaction and the challenges that face them beyond the protection and security of what they are used to .... retired people need to learn that retirement is more than the financial .... it's .... Carpe Diem .... and they should .... because they have earned the right and the spoils that come with having reached a most time honored pinnacle .... RETIREMENT .... a place in life that offers challenges .... but at a slower pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment