Retirement....A Lot Of Work!

That's right!  RETIREMENT .... It's really a lot of work .... and stressful!   Whoever said, more time is what everyone needs?  When that long awaited fabulous day arrives, we're just not ready! .... I recently retired from a successful career in teaching, ..... a little before I had planned, .... but never the less was adjusting nicely to the idea! .... A few months in, and I'm finding this a bigger challenge than facing a classroom full of middle schoolers and their .... "It's All About Me" attitudes! .... So I decided to write about some off my 'Post Retirement' adventures .... Maybe through my experiences you'll be more aware of the pros and cons of this lifestyle .... and a little more prepared than I was! 

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

They Are Who We Thought They Were!

I love this line! .... Former Arizona Cardinals football coach Dennis Green, created this infamous one liner in a press conference immediately following a devastating loss to the Chicago Bears .... when it was suggested by a reporter that maybe they under estimated their opponent and weren't prepared for their personnel! .... You see, there are many things in life that don't always reflect the real facts! .... There's a cute story out there that once a guy walked into a bar that was fairly crowed. He proceeded to order a drink and shortly there after, removed from his briefcase .... a tiny piano .... a mouse .... and a parakeet! .... The patrons were curious and became amazed when the man instructed the mouse to play and the bird to sign!  The mouse played brilliantly and the bird sang with an unbelievable operatic voice.  When they finished and the crowd settled, a very wealthy patron walked up to the man and offered him $100, 000.00 for the parakeet.  He agreed to the price and promptly handed over the bird!  When he was gone, the bartender approached than man and said, ' You are crazy, you could have gotten millions for the bird and you settled for a mere $100,000.00!'  The man smiled sheepishly and said,' No big deal, the mouse is a Ventriloquist!' .... So here's the lesson I take from both of these scenarios, I need to examine and believe in what the truth is, and don't get caught up in the excitement of the moment and overreact! .... I need to make sure that in all cases, and with everything that I do from this point forward ....  I Know Who I Thought They Were!

No comments:

Post a Comment