Retirement....A Lot Of Work!

That's right!  RETIREMENT .... It's really a lot of work .... and stressful!   Whoever said, more time is what everyone needs?  When that long awaited fabulous day arrives, we're just not ready! .... I recently retired from a successful career in teaching, ..... a little before I had planned, .... but never the less was adjusting nicely to the idea! .... A few months in, and I'm finding this a bigger challenge than facing a classroom full of middle schoolers and their .... "It's All About Me" attitudes! .... So I decided to write about some off my 'Post Retirement' adventures .... Maybe through my experiences you'll be more aware of the pros and cons of this lifestyle .... and a little more prepared than I was! 

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In Search Of ....!

This is so cool! .... I decided that being retired,  gives me a lot of time to explore new opportunities!  .... One of those opportunities comes with the understanding that everyone has to eat! .... So I thought that since I have to eat anyway, why not make it a little more interesting! .... Some of you may remember a television show a few years ago that was called .... 'In Search Of' .... I think the premiss at the time was for the reporters to travel around the world and discover unusual people .... events .... or locations.  Anyway it was entertaining, especially since it aired before the age of the Internet and everything else that is at our fingertips today! .... Still,  I thought it would be fun .... since I have a few extra minutes of time each day anyway .... to explore what most people don't agree is .... that sandwiches are not fast food! .... Okay for the most part they are! .... Even the Earl himself thought so when he created the 'Sandwich' .... as a late night snack several centuries ago! .... Never the less, I think since the sandwich originated from such royal beginnings, it should be dignified with more attention payed to it than let's say .... pizza .... or ,,,, tacos! ....  I'm still going to post my life and 'Retirement' as I see it .... including my opinions on everything and anything that moves me .... but in addition, I will be posting on another site .... that I call .... 'One Great Sandwich' .... pretty much everyday! .... The website is .... ongreatsandwich.blogspot.com .... and I will also link that through my Facebook page. (Hopefully in a day or two I'll have found my first 'Great Sandwich'! ) .... When I looked at the vastness of this project it was a little overwhelming .... but hey ....  Rome wasn't built in a day .... and the Steelers don't win every Super Bowl! .... But the facts are that like the Romans and the Steelers .... I'll try .... and always be  .... ' In Search Of ' .... that .... 'One Great Sandwich!'

No comments:

Post a Comment